THE SPORTS AUTHOR: Guest Post V.L. Locey

Please welcome the amazing VL Locey to celebrate her latest Wildcat novel, Language of Love!

Hi there everyone, I am thrilled to meet you! My name is V.L. Locey and I'm an erotic romance author, wife, mother of a college freshman, and small hobby farmer. Before I get chit-chatting and forget, I'd like to thank Bianca for having me here for a visit. I met Bianca when I was fortunate enough to have a novella chosen for inclusion in the Seduced by the Game charity anthology that benefitted Hockey Fights Cancer. While Bianca may cheer the Habs and I root for the Rangers, we became friends and hardly ever chirp each other about our teams. Although it was probably tempting when the Canadian`s and Rangers went head-to-head for the Eastern Conference Championship last season! =D


Now you might be wondering how it is that a small hobby farmer may have gotten into writing erotic romances, and in particular erotic hockey romance, although I do dabble in a few other genres hockey romance is my bread and butter. Most folks who I meet scratch their heads when they try to match up woman who writes steamy sex about hockey players with woman who tends to chickens and cows. By the way, we do just happen to own a steer who goes by the name of Mooka Rask. Mooka is the bigger steer in the picture. We also have Frankie, who got his name because he`s a Jersey boy. We are a strange and goofy bunch here on the hillside farm but I digress . . .




When I started writing seriously several years ago, I was having lunch with a couple of girlfriends who happen to be authors as well. One of those lovely gals is a rabid Penguins fan. I had self-published a few romance novels that dealt with Greek mythology, but had seen a submissions call for a sports anthology. I mentioned the submission call and we began talking about various sports we liked. Now back in the day, I had followed hockey and even attended a few games at the Spectrum when the Broad Street Bullies were knocking heads and winning cups. Life moved me away from the City of Brotherly Love and plunked me down near the New York border. My husband was not a sports fan and so I drifted from the sport.

As we had chatted, my girlfriend mentioned attending a rather rowdy Pens game and feared that the on-ice violence might spill out into the parking lot after the game. Viola! An idea for that sports anthology appeared instantly, and a couple weeks later, I had written my first hockey romance! Of course, since it had been so long since I had watched a game, I decided to sit down and reacquaint myself with the sport. Quite a bit had changed but the heart, passion, and body checks were just the same! Calling it "research" when my husband would ask why hockey was on, I soon found myself falling back in love with the NHL. Now I can't imagine not having a hockey game on the TV nearly every night. While my allegiance may now rest with the Rangers, I still have a soft spot for the city that gave me my first taste of ice hockey. That`s why I chose Philadelphia for the setting for the To Love a Wildcat books, as well as the Venom novels, which is my next hockey romance series presented by Secret Cravings Publishing.

If you`re a fan of erotic hockey romance, you may want to check out the latest Wildcat novel, Language of Love. Here`s a short blurb, the cover, and a couple buy links if you decide to grab a copy. I do suggest that the books be read in order, which would be Pink Pucks & Power Plays, A Most Unlikely Countess, O Captain! My Captain!, Reality Check, and Language of Love. 

Blurb-

Life was so much easier for Margarite Lancourt before she had set eyes on Petro Shevenko. Her diploma to teach hearing impaired children would be in her hand within a year. Then she would find the right man, the right neighborhood, and bear the right children. Her deafness was not going to get in the way of her aspirations. But were they her dreams or her mother`s? 

Now that she has met Petro, the Wildcats sexy new acquisition who has an unquenchable thirst for the wild side of life, Margarite`s nicely mapped out life is in chaos. Can she tame this unruly Russian Wildcat? Or will his family demons drag him, and Margarite, back into the darkness the couple have struggled to break free from? 

Buy Links-

Amazon-http://www.amazon.com/Language-Love-Wildcat-Book-ebook/dp/B00RI9HTYQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419775131&sr=8- 4&keywords=v.l.+locey
Secret Cravings Store-
http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=1011

Author Bio-


V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, belly laughs, reading and writing lusty tales, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a flock of assorted goofy domestic fowl, and two steers: one named after a famous N.H.L. goalie while the other carries the moniker of a 60`s pop legend.
When not writing spicy romances, she enjoys spending her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania with a cup of fresh java in hand. She can also be found online on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and GoodReads.

I love to meet new friends and fans! You can find me at-



Secret Cravings Backlist Books:
  • Pink Pucks & Power Plays (Book One of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
  • A Most Unlikely Countess (Book Two of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
  • O Captain! My Captain! (Book Three of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
  • Reality Check (Book Four of the To Love a Wildcat Series)
  • Tumble Dry

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to The Asylum-Release of Past Justice: Book 4

NEW RELEASE: Broken Justice (The Asylum Fight Club Book 10)

BDSM UNLEASED & HOT JOCKS IN JULY BLOG HOP