Time to play on the dark side...AGAIN

What am I doing?
 
Things.

So many things.

But...I'm starting to feel hopeful again. I'm starting to feel like there's finally light at the end of that dark freakin' tunnel that I've been trapped in.

How in the world does that make sense when I'm writing dark, twisted stuff again? Well...I'm not sure. But it does.

For those who don't follow me on social media, I recently mentioned how much starting Patreon was helping. If you don't know what Patreon is, basically it's a platform where artists can share more of their work with subscribers who support them. There are different tiers for stuff you can have access to. 

When I started mine it was focused on more Dartmouth Cobra content. Lots of people want more Cobras and this was a way for me to give it to them while still working on other books. There's just no way to survive in this industry unless you A) Spend thousands on ads or B) Consistently put out work.

I'd rather put out work, but I need to do it in a way that is still up to my standards, which means there's no way I can get a book out every month. I try sometimes just to keep my head above water, but that always leads to me getting frustrated and depressed.

Then the words don't come and I just fall further and further behind.

Fall behind as a full-time author and you're not gonna make any money. People will start forgetting about you. You get another surge when your next book comes out, but then the whole process starts over again. Amazon's algorithms has that process going by weeks instead of months now if you're not investing in ads.

Considering you're getting paid royalties 3 months behind, it can take a long time to climb out of the endless loop, if you manage at all.

Patreon pays every single month, so the way I see it, it's taking control back. When I write something new and offer it to my Patrons, rather than giving control to Amazon over what people see, it makes a huge difference. My Patrons get books before everyone else as part of the subscription. They get new content and updates every week.

And while writing Cobra stuff makes me happy, I also used to love writing dark. Yeah, it messed with me when my life and what I was writing started weighing me down and I needed a break, but now I want to go back there. I have a new story that's from an idea that's been three years in the making and i figured...

Why not put that on Patreon too? The readers who like dark stuff haven't gotten anything from me in awhile.

Since I don't want anyone subscribing unless they're truly invested in the story, I decided to put the first chapter of this new book for free. Next chapter will be up for subscribers sometime this week.

Here's the cover and blurb:

For the longest time, he was nothing but a number. 1134, a joke between the doctors who pulled him from his dying mother, days after his father was killed.

Why?

Because they tried to hide his existence.

Since he was here, they’d found a use for him.

Years of the most brutal training.

Implants to control him.

And now he is ready.

His first mission is to locate the fugitive products of R.A.Z.O.R, triplets who’ve evaded capture since they escaped the facility when they were only twelve years old. The three are a danger to society, leaving bodies like breadcrumbs for him to follow. Once he learns how to kill them, his mission will be complete.

What he finds isn’t what he was expecting. He…knows the triplets, but can barely remember the time they spent together. He’s starting to though. The girl, sweet, caring, and curious when absorbing other’s thoughts isn’t pushing her over the edge. Boy 1, who’s the protective and compassionate leader until the flames take over. And Boy 2, who’s quirky and playful, with the most unstable powers mixed in with his unique…personalities.

Killing them is the last thing he wants to do. Thankfully, it won’t be easy. He has to learn their weaknesses, eliminate them one at a time, catch them off guard. Unless he can fight his programing.

Which would make him the next target. 

You can read the first chapter here: R.A.Z.O.R Origins

Please don't ignore the trigger warnings. Like with Deadly Captive, I am very serious about them. When I say dark, you can expect many of the same things you found in DC, including non-con, dub-con, torture, and graphic violence. The "good guys" are sometimes morally grey and the bad guys might make you wonder if they're really that bad.

They really are. Trust me, not them. Or don't. No judgments here, many people loved Cyrus. ;)

But he was a very obvious villain. Things aren't nearly so cut and dry with R.A.Z.O.R

Happy reading! <g> 

Comments

  1. Hi there, I love your writing and am always eager to see what's next. And I also are with you about trying to get away from amazon. Doesn't matter if I pre order something they either change dates or delay releases. So how does one subscribe to you to get things early?? Cuz honestly I'm looking forward to reading RAZOR and don't want to be left behind.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer!

      I just saw this post, sorry about the late reply!

      You can join my Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/BiancaSommerland for R.A.Z.O.R, early access, and tons of other cool stuff I'm adding!

      I hope you're having an amazing summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to The Asylum-Release of Past Justice: Book 4

BDSM UNLEASED & HOT JOCKS IN JULY BLOG HOP

NEW RELEASE: Broken Justice (The Asylum Fight Club Book 10)