My New Year's Resolution…

Get Stuff Done!

Yep, it's that simple.
It's the first day of 2012, and I'm just getting around to looking back at 2011 and asking myself: What did I do with all that time?

Well, let's see-

January 3rd 2011-I published my first book, Rosemary Entwined. This isn't the first books I've ever written—not even the first romance novel. But I was my first ménage and my first attempt to write hot sex. I challenge myself when I wrote this. People said anything more than 3 men and one woman isn't a relationship, it's a gang bang. Proving them wrong was never the point—most of them probably won't read Rosemary Entwined, but that's fine. I wrote the story and there are people out there that feel the love, that enjoyed getting swept away into Rosemary's world where 7 men are truly devoted to one woman. Because sometime it seems having just one is a dream, why not fully immerse yourself in the fantasy? Click for more of Rosemary Entwined

April 11th 2011-My second published book, Deadly Captive, hit the virtual shelves. What began as a nightmare intrigued my muse to the point where the story became an obsession. I honestly never expected any publisher to take a chance on it after the first pass, but Noble Romance publishing did. They encouraged me to push the limits and be true to the characters. All of them, even the bad ones.

Deadly Captive is my most popular book to date. People either love it, or they hate it, but they don't forget it. Those who love it made sure I knew it, which helped me through the rough spots as my fragile ego cringed at each and every scathing review. I thought going through the agent hunt for three years had thickened my skin, but I was so wrong. An agent's got nothing on a tough reviewer.

Nothing a thick belt on a bare ass can't fix! <g> Click for more of Deadly Captive

September 5th 2011-The Trip was a short story, but one of my hardest books to write. Contemporary isn't my first genre, or my second, or even my third. I spent my life writing fantasy. But my muse was getting frustrated with how long it was taking me to write the contemporary ménage that I'd gotten him so excited about. He kept asking me, 'why is this so hard for you?'

I couldn't answer him, so he threw the idea for The Trip at me. I moaned and groaned, telling him I couldn't do short stories, that I couldn't write contemporary, but he wouldn't let up. So The Trip was written. Click for more of The Trip



December 10th 2011-A little treat for Christmas and a chance to revisit Rosemary's 7 sexy men. A free read for all my awesome readers—just 'cause they rock! Click here to get Rosemary & Mistletoe for free!








December 12th 2011-Deadly Captive: Collateral Damage, my first sequel, a book that dragged me through 
the mud after beating the shit out of me. Sound extreme? Well, let me tell you this. There's nothing harder than writing a book when you're scared to death that it's not going to live up to another. The thing I finally accepted was that DCCD would never be DC. Nicole and Vince weren't Lydia and Joe.

Once I faced this, I realized that the story was exactly what it needed to be. It was a story of survival. Of love. In some ways darker, edgier, but none of that mattered. Nicole and Vince were strong enough to stand on their own.





5 published books. Yep, I'd say 2011 was a pretty decent year! <g>

So what stuff have I got planned for 2012?

Well, first there's Game Misconduct, the first book from my Dartmouth Cobras series, a hockey ménage and my first big solo project. It took me a year to write (so technically it's still an accomplishment of 2011). If you want a sneak peek, check out the I'm No Angel facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Im-No-Angel/201933239834387. My Tasty Tuesday excerpts are in the notes section ;)

Then there's The Weekend, the sequel to The Trip. I won't give an exact release date on that, but should be done sometime during the spring.

Also coming this spring is Evil's Embrace, an erotic paranormal romance featuring twin demons Cravis and Travis and the newly formed angel they claim. This is also the first of a series.

For my Deadly Captive fans, the final book of the trilogy will be coming out summer of 2012. Fans of Rosemary Entwined can look forward to Rosemary Entangled—and yes, you will see more of Felix and Chetan as their relationship develops.

Other than that…well I've got a few ideas floating around. I can't tell you more, but I can tell you this. You won't be disappointed!

Happy New Year!

 To celebrate the New Year, I'll be visiting Kinky Book Reviews with the men from Game Misconduct January 2nd. But the party starts today! Sophie Oak is there now! Check it out! http://kinkybookreviews.com/http://kinkybookreviews.com/

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to the last book of the trilogy Deadly Captive. The first 2 books were fantastic, you did a great job with the characters. I am glad you are not leaving Lydia. Can't wait for summer. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having a re-read of all you have going on; you are one very busy writer, and a very good one as well. I will bebuying all those you have listed as soon as they are out. Can't wait to see what 2013 will bring. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BDSM UNLEASED & HOT JOCKS IN JULY BLOG HOP

Saying Goodbye to The Asylum-Release of Past Justice: Book 4

NEW RELEASE: Broken Justice (The Asylum Fight Club Book 10)